The Department of Education (DepEd) released DepEd Order No. 11, s. 2020 titled “REVISED GUIDELINES ON ALTERNATIVE WORK ARRANGEMENTS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION DURING THE PERIOD OF STATE OF NATIONAL EMERGENCY DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC,”
DepEd Order No. 11, s.2020 – REVISED GUIDELINES ON ALTERNATIVE WORK ARRANGEMENTS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION DURING THE PERIOD OF STATE OF NATIONAL EMERGENCY DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) adopts the enclosed Revised Guidelines on Alternative Work Arrangements in the Department of Education during the Period of State of National Emergency due to COVID-19 Pandemic.
2. These guidelines take into consideration the policies set forth by the Office of the President and by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Infectious Diseases (IATF), and are consistent with the applicable guidelines of the Civil Service Commission. They provide for the work arrangements and support mechanisms for teaching and nonteaching personnel, including Job Order (JO) and Contract of Service (COS) personnel, and officials in all DepEd offices in all governance levels, public elementary and secondary schools, and community learning centers (CLCs) during the period of State of National Emergency due to COVID-19.
3. The Department is ever ready to make informed, coordinated, and proportionate response, and shall continue to issue policies in light of the pandemic. As one DepEd family, we protect the health, safety, and well-being of all learners, teaching and nonteaching personnel, and support the overall effort of the Philippine government to prevent the further transmission of COVID-19, while ensuring that we continue the delivery of quality, accessible, relevant, and liberating basic education.
4. Undersecretaries, Assistant Secretaries and Regional Directors are directed to implement appropriate work arrangements in their respective jurisdiction or area of responsibility, based on the prevailing community quarantine classification in their locality, and to facilitate the safe return of teaching and nonteaching personnel to workplaces and schools/CLCs.
5. All DepEd teaching and nonteaching personnel are expected to make themselves available during working hours and to maximize the time spent in the discharge of their duties and responsibilities. They are expected to observe honesty, integrity, and professionalism in the conduct of their duties so that government time, money, and resources are employed and used efficiently, honestly, and economically, to avoid wastage of public funds and resources.
Download the file below to read the full DepEd Order.