The Department of Education (DepEd) issued DepEd Order No. 13, s. 2020 titled “Readiness Assessment Checklist for learning Delivery Modalities in the Learning Continuity Plan of Private Schools,” ensuring that private schools undertake adequate preparations for the learning delivery modality/ies chosen.
DepEd Order No. 13, s. 2020 – Readiness Assessment Checklist for learning Delivery Modalities in the Learning Continuity Plan of Private Schools
1. As provided in DepEd Order (DO) No. 007, s. 2020 titled School Calendar and Activities for School Year 2020–2021, private schools shall be allowed to open classes within the period authorized by Republic Act No. 7797, An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred (200) Days to Not More Than Two Hundred Twenty (220) Class Days, provided, among others, that they submit their Learning Continuity Plan showing alternative delivery modes of learning when face-to-face learning is not allowed.
2. In choosing the specific learning delivery modalities to use, the schools shall take into consideration the following: availability of learning resources, the health and well-being of learners and DepEd personnel, national and local directives given, and the choice of parents and learners.
3. To ensure that private schools undertake adequate preparations for the learning delivery modality/ies chosen, this Department provides the enclosed Readiness Assessment Checklist for Implementing Learning Delivery Modalities, which specifies the minimum requirements and standards needed for each learning modality.
4. Private schools are required to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) to implement a particular learning delivery modality addressed to the Regional Office (RO), through the Schools Division Office (SDO). It must be submitted together with the documentary requirements enumerated in the checklist. The Quality Assurance Division (QAD) of the RO shall collaborate with School Governance and Operations Division (SGOD) of the SDO in assessing the readiness of the schools.
5. This Readiness Assessment Checklist for Implementing Learning Delivery Modalities shall serve as guide for ROs, through SDOs, to assess the preparedness of private schools to implement the learning delivery modality/ies they have opted for. The QAD and SGOD shall submit to the SDOs feedback reports identifying the requirements that private schools are having difficulty with and what support may be provided. Technical assistance shall be extended to the schools as applicable.
To read the full DepEd Order, you can download the file below.