The Department of Education (DepEd) issued DepEd Memorandum No. 027, s. 2021 titled “Conduct of the K to 12 Basic Education Program End-Of-School-Year Rites for School Year 2020-2021 in Light of the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency.”
DepEd Memorandum No. 014, s. 2021 – “Interim Guidelines on the Preparation, Submission, and Checking of School Forms for the School Year 2O2O-2O21.“
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) Announces the Conduct of End-of-School-Year (EOSY) Rites for Kindergarten, Grade 6, Grade 1O, and Grade 12 learners who satisfactorily meet the curriculum requirements at the end of School Year (SY) 2O2O-2O21, including SY 2019-2020 learners who passed the portfolio assessment in the Alternative Learning System (ALS) Elementary and Junior High School levels, by virtue of the Joint Memorandum DM-OUCI-2O21-04, and the first batch of ALS Senior High School (SHS) learners who meet the curriculum requirements.
2. The 2O2l EOSY Rites shall focus on the theme Kalidad ng Edukasyon Lalong Patatagin sa Gitna ng Pandemya (Strengthening the Quality of Education Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic) to highlight that amid all the challenges, the learners’ rights to inclusive and quality education, and to safety from the health risks of COVID-19 must be given priority.
3. With reference to DepEd Order (DO) No. O12, s. 2O21, also known as Amendment to DepEd Order No. 03O, s. 202O (Amendment to DepEd Order No. O07, s. 2O2O, School Calendar and Activities for SY 2020-2021) Quarter 4 shall end on July 1O, 2021. Hence, within the week of July 12 to 16, 2021, schools and Community Learning Centers (CLCs) are given the discretion to select the date for holding this year’s EOSY Rites. On the other hand, private schools may implement the schedule as reflected in their respective School Calendars.
4. However, given that public health and safety is deemed as topmost concern at this time, schools and CLCs shall abide by applicable guidelines and protocols set by the Department of Health (DOH), Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF), and the Office of the President in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Should the public health situation prevent the conduct of this year’s EOSY rites within the said week, schools, in consultation with the Parents-Teachers Association (PTA), may choose to reschedule or forego the activity. Private schools shall be guided by their approved school calendars or revised school calendar.
5. To ensure the protection of the health and safety of learners, teachers and personnel, as well as parents and other stakeholders, any face-to-face ceremony is not allowed. The virtual conduct of the EOSY rites may be an option for schools and CLCs, whenever feasible. Schools and CLCs may prepare a short program that will run in less than two hours to consider the internet connectivity that will be consumed. Only the completers, their parents/guardians, teachers and school administrators will be present during the virtual rites. The schools have the discretion to broadcast live the virtual EOSY rites through appropriate social media platforms. The school shall secure the consent of the parents and learners before doing such broadcast.
6. The Multi-Year Implementing Guidelines on the Conduct of the K to 12 Basic Education Program End-of-School-Year Rites enclosed in DO 002, s.2O2O remains in force and in effect, except for the grant of academic awards, which shall be stipulated in a separate issuance on Awards and Recognition.
7. For queries or clarifications, please contact the Bureau of Learning Delivery, 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through email at [email protected] or at telephone numbers (O2) 863746 and (02) 8637-4347.
8. This Memorandum shall take effect upon its approval.
9. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
Read the full Memoranda: DM_s2021_027
Source/ Reference: Department of Education (DepEd) (Link)