Growing up as an honor student, keeping my grades in check was one of the hardest things I did as a kid. With the expectations of my parents and teachers combined, I just had to keep the line of 9 grade ’til graduation.
As I transitioned to higher institutions, learning, specifically math, became a tad boring for me. But I did not want to break my parents’ expectations for me so I keep those grades as high up as I could. And it wasn’t easy. In the process, I learned a lot of things and discovered many new things.
Math was one of my favorite subjects in elementary, but as I grew it became one of my most hated subjects. But with the course that I enrolled in, math was a necessity.
To keep myself motivated, I always look up to different people who were successful despite their adversaries. And what I do is to take down notes of their famous quotes, and use that as a propelling force to keep me going.
In this case, I compiled 10 of my favorite math quotes you can use to motivate your students.
10 Math Inspirational Quotes
- “Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.” – Albert Einstein
- “The only way to learn mathematics is to do mathematics.” – Paul Halmos
- “The study of mathematics, like the Nile, begins in minuteness but ends in magnificence.” – Charles Caleb Colton
- “Life is a math equation. In order to gain the most, you have to know how to convert negatives into positives.” – Anonymous
- “Without mathematics, there’s nothing you can do. Everything around you is mathematics. Everything around you is numbers.” – Shakuntala Devi
- “Mathematics is the music of reason.” – James Joseph Sylvester
- “In mathematics the art of proposing a question must be held of higher value than solving it.” – Georg Ferdinand Ludwig Philipp Cantor
- “Obvious is the most dangerous word in mathematics.” – Eric Temple Bell
- “You don’t have to be a mathematician to have a feel for numbers.” – John Forbes Nash, Jr.
- “Arithmetic is being able to count up to twenty without taking off your shoes.” – Mickey Mouse
Teaching these quotes for your students will help to keep them on their tracks. It will serve as a reminder for them when solving mathematical equations seems to become a bit difficult. It will at least lessen their stress and doubts they might have (you know when you had to recalculate 5 plus 5 on your calculator just to make sure it equals to 10).
Part 2: https://teachertayo.com/10-more-inspiring-fun-math-quotes-to-inspire-your-students/